2022-present: Assistant Professor and group leader at the Department of Neuroscience at University of Copenhagen.
2016-2022: Postdoc fellow with Gyorgy Buzsaki, NYU Langone Medical Center, USA.
2015: Postdoc fellow with Rune W. Berg, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
System neuroscience; Balanced networks in the spinal cord; Multifunctionalism in neuronal networks; Network dynamics; The head-direction system; Motor behaviors.
Berkeley course in mining and modeling of neuroscience data 2015. Redwood Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, UC Berkeley, California USA. July 6-17 2015. crcns.org/course
Advanced Course in Computational Neuroscience: ACCN 2014. Frankfurt, Germany August 3-30 2014. 4 weeks course in computational methods and theoretical neuroscience. uni-frankfurt.de/de/accn/
- University of Jyväskylä – Neuro Seminars: “Using focal thermal perturbation to probe hippocampal dynamics”, University of Jyväskylä, Finland. March 11, 2022.
- Neurodata Without Borders (NWB) User Training Workshop: “CellExplorer: Framework for analyzing and characterizing single cells”, August 26, 2021.
- FAIR Thee Well Symposium: “Brainstem: a metadata collection tool”, New York University, August 8th, 2021.
- Neuromatch 2.0. “CellExplorer: Framework for analyzing and characterizing single cells”. May 26, 2020.
- NYU Neuroscience group meeting. “Theta perturbation reveals phase-space coordination of hippocampal cell assemblies”.
New York University, September 18, 2019.
- SEU-Allen Workshop 2019. “Communication tools for data sharing in neuroscience – Database for electrophysiological
recordings in freely moving rodents”. Nanjing, China. September 9, 2019.
- Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon 2018. “Database for electrophysiological recordings in freely moving rodents”. Columbia
University, USA. March 14, 2018.
- The Brain Prize meeting 2013. Enlightening Neuroconnectivity. “Balanced excitation and inhibition underlies rhythmic motor activity in the spinal cord”. Hindsgavl Castle, Middelfart, Denmark. October 21-23, 2013.
- Sandbjerg Symposium 2012. Danish Society for Neuroscience. ”Balanced excitation and inhibition during functional motor activity in the spinal cord”. Sønderborg, Denmark. May 6-8, 2012.
2015: Ph.D. from University of Copenhagen
- Rune Berg’s laboratory at the Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology
“Neuronal Population dynamics and Multifunctionalism in the Central Nervous System”. Techniques: electrophysiology, multiunit recordings, spike sorting.
- György Buzsáki’s laboratory at New York University (6 months, 2012-2013)
Study: The Head-direction system in thalamus during different brain states. In collaboration with Dr. Adrien Peyrache. Techniques: in vivo electrophysiology, optogenetics, high-density single-unit recordings, spike sorting.
2010: Master of Science in Engineering Physics: Technical University of Denmark
- Focus on Biophysics and Neuroscience
Selected Courses: Computational Neuroscience, Neurophysics, Cellular Biophysics, Introduction to Cognitive Psychology, Introduction to Systems Biology.
- Thesis in Neuroscience
“Neuronal Population Coding during Functional Motor Activity – A Multiunit Study in the Spinal Cord”. Supervisors: Jakob Kisbye Dreyer & Kirstine Berg Sørensen.
- Study abroad at University of Maryland in Washington D.C. (6 months, 2007)
Courses: Neurobiology Laboratory, Introduction to Neuroscience, Introduction to Cognitive Science.